Monday, October 5, 2009

Lesson Earned From Lessons Learned

Lesson Earned From Lessons Learned (Learn From What You've Learned)

My life is like a war
And every battle within teaches a lesson.
The first battle told me,
Fight with all weapons-

From career, love, equality, to self-preservation-
Doesn't matter the front!
I have the skills and natural ability
To achieve what I want!

So I advanced forth by loving with my intelligence;
Moving with my strength;
Pushing with my agility;
And thinking with my heart & my length.

Luckily, life is just a game.
I died on all fronts at least once.
Change is dire to stay alive,
Opportunities won't come as often as I want.

Can't wait on the next battle to tell me,
I need be prepared and preemptive.
The lessons learned are being misinterpreted.
Somehow, I need to make sense of it.

My last battle was a gauntlet-
Foe after foe after foe-
And the lesson I learned was pretty clear,
Contend with all that I know.

[A moment of reflection]
What is it that I am comfortable using?
I fought with them all!
Then why am I losing?

Application is everything!
That's my personal lesson.
I'll be more selective when I fight the world,
With my natural given weapons.

But damn,
I'm still learning.

~Brennan Brenoso/Oso©

"For The Poet to be Understood, He Must Lose His Mind.. on Paper"

No comments:

Post a Comment