Sunday, November 7, 2010

Unstitched Butterflies

Unstitched Butterflies

There’s a lesson in every lesion,

A reason for every impression.

So I occasionally undo the stitches

(At a rate of every other month in every season)

And enter in search of the forgotten caveat.

Bypassing the motifs & awing designs.

Familiarities have a tendency to keep your attention.

(Like how my name once sat atop your flower)

I bear in mind not (in heart),

The moral is what I seek,

Never the episodes-

(So I don’t recall the many nights spent under your movements)

No matter how tempting.

I can’t salvage it all,

So I never linger longer than it takes a tear to fall.

(Though my glossy eyes now match yours then)

I only take what I can bring with me safely-

The Ideas and wisdoms from the aftermath.

In no way is it ever tangible.

(Except for the pictures of you and I fixed in a happier moment)

As quickly as I’m in,

I’m out.

Stitching back up the seams to a past realm.

(Content with the immeasurable time spent playing with butterflies)

~Brennan



"PoetsTruMental"

No comments:

Post a Comment