Monday, December 13, 2010

Next Time Around

Next Time Around

I swear it never fails...
Life watched me
fall for four,
Hit for the perfect score.
Then allow them to all fall apart.
Eventually I'll get the lesson; I'll get smart.
I can even play the next one out in the dark-

When I make it to your heart
and I actually figure you out,
You'll be quick to shout:
"nigga get out!"
More in fear than you'll be in love.
When I show you as if I've had enough and begin to walk,
you'll start to think my love was just lust-
never strong enough to begin with.
But I'll just be showing you my words were far more than talk.
More in love than in fear with you,
your words and minor infractions
will cut deeper than anyone elses harshest actions.
Pain plus Pleasure equals Passion...
And I won't be able to imagine
having this style of love fit me
in a better or similar fashion.
Our past will be so intense!
Still, we'll hold on to the past tense.
What I'll do to your head will be hard to erase; Hard to rinse.
We'll just lather and repeat,
stalling under the heat of the water,
that's scalding, boiling, yet spoiling,
to our fears of being alone.
So we'll loan our bodies to each other
hoping we're collecting interest.
But we'll hardly invest the rest-
Your heart will be yours.
And my mind will be mine.
An in and out battle for control,
we'll just end up wasting each other's time.
But life is full of seconds
and every minute in it isn't a given.
The time we share is actually the power,
We'll just be holding on to hours.

~Brennan

"PoetsTruMental"

No comments:

Post a Comment