Friday, November 20, 2009

After Thought

After Thought (03-02-07)

You gave life to the man within me.
I offered you the world and put my heart in your hands-
which brought a smile to your face
every time you did picture an “us”.
Our dialogues had a poetic sensation to them.
It brought us to the same plateau in so many ways-
I’m talking mentally, emotionally, and sensually uplifting.
I always knew what was in your heart-
a picture of me imprinted along the walls,
growing more deep-seated and detailed with every beat.
But your mind-
your mind was a more fragile place.
I never did entertain the idea of manipulating minds-
only the heart;
to me, it is a more genuine fixture
and I never did like impeding on thoughts.
I let your mind ponder its own path-
as I do every other.
Which I come to realize,
was my Achilles.
What was in your head intrigued me-
but I didn’t want to intrude.
Every day I wondered-
What was going on in there?
What thoughts did it encompass?
Being too careful has its faults.
See, the mind is intertwined with Love-
it is the equal to the Heart.
I call it Emotion’s Rationale.
Had I known this then,
I would have attempted to influence it-
With equal sincerity I did your Heart.
Because in your mind,
you did not see us together;
you had another vision for us.
Something you thought more everlasting-
Friends.
Even though I was ingrained in your heart,
I locked myself out of your mind.
Until this day,
I still wonder what was on your mind;
and why I was not included.
Now when I see you-
within another world
with another Heart in hand.
I see your thoughts through your eyes
and I hear it in your words.
I understand both levels of Love now-
I know I’m in your heart-
I know I’m in your mind-
But this time,
I am your After Thought.
The thought that was too late.

~Brennan Brenoso

"PoetsTruMental"

No comments:

Post a Comment