Thursday, November 5, 2009

Heavy Heart

Heavy Heart

Your heart is heavy
But I'm not there.
I'm on your mind,
Stranded- rationally partitioned.
Thoughts of me flood through
But the lack of synapses worry me.
I don't give your body goosebumps like I used too.
And I apologized for all of the laws I've broken on your coronary
That has me exiled here in your mind like a prisoner.
Or are you the prisoner?
You never let me go.
I used to be the sole King of your heart.
As miniscule as you may make me seem now,
You're still my queen.
Always have been & you know it.
And every bone in my body is your peasant- at your beck and call.
Bowing in humility,
But craving your fertility.
Your heart is heavy.
Unbalanced and submerged in a lonely abyss.
We both know it's because I'm not there.
Allow me to send chills through your spine once more,
Massaging every cell on my way back to my rightful place-
Our rightful place.
I don't mind doing the rest of my time in your mind.
But just let me set your heavy heart
Back on an even keel.
It's the least I can do.
But I promise,
This time,
I'll do more.

~Brennan Brenoso

"PoetsTruMental"

No comments:

Post a Comment