Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Laws From the Hill

My Laws From the Hill

Marching, Marching, Marching, Marching
To the top of a Hill,
I heard beautiful music.
The substance entered me 
While the falsity was diluted.
I used it,
Applied and supplied it to all my small fires.
It sing:
"Music is supposed to inspire"
And her words flew me higher.
This woman gave birth to a Man-
With no relation, just appreciation
For her message & her voice,
Which granted me levitation;
Elevation; a mentality exempt from gravitation.
In my eyes,
I'm her beautiful, beautiful Zion.
A product of her heart, 
And the backdrop to her mind.
Always Doo wopping,
Avoiding all girls looking for that thing,
that thing, that thingggg.
But showing maximum respect to the women's lives who has changed
As a result of the voice that loved to harmonized when she sing
Like Wooo... wooo... wooo....
Once too cool for school, 
But I was never miseducated.
Translated old scriptures
Found behind the perfect picture I took of the Hill.
And they still resonate heavy unto those with strong will.
It's like savoring a long sip of her Brown coffee
While she sings her song-
Killing me softly.
I learned not to succumb to the superficial minds
Who might win some.
But they just lost one.
Guided to a refuge by a Fugee.
My lovestoned struggles almost broke me.
Words tumbled down from the Hill
Telling me that everything was everything.
Almost like a pastor
Then I learned how to deal with my ex-factors.
Mother Nature,
I thank you-
Such a wonderful favor-
For creating a beautiful Hill with your passionate pen.
Although I'm still climbing,
She became my Law when I let her in.

~Brennan Brenoso

"When I write, I take flight; I Feel Free When I'm Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment